Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blue sky rants.

The sky is cloudless; I do not remember seeing this shade of blue for months. Since it is such a pretty day and to show my appreciation for the day I will write. It has been a while since I blogged. Oh that term sounds a bit like regurgitation. BLLLLLLLLLLOGGGGGGGG!
Does anyone have a mint?
Seriously where do these new terms come from? I think a blog is a simple venting of the spleen. Please consider this as my free ride on the venting coaster.
New terms mess with my feeling of well being. Admittedly, that is not a hard task. Terms such as “HD”, “LMAO” and “EDUMACATION” are obvious. (Thank you for the latter term Whitney.) Medical terms were a pain to learn; they continue to exist in a rather remote filling cabinet in the back of my pumpkin head. I apologize as this verbiage tends to appear frequently in any form of communication. (I resisted the use of cranium, whoa.) I do admit to being stumped with some of the language of texting and facebook.
Grammar issues, for goodness sake …. Go see the movie and write a 200 word essay.
Spelling excused. God has given us a tool. It is called spell check. Someday it will come to facebook without passing through the den of foxfire. There is an exception to the rule, type out the words…goodness; for example “u” does not read any faster then the word “you.” I am prone to tsk the writer using such spellings. Do you really want to hear me tsk? Admittedly, it is not as unsettling as a “humph”, but you get the point.
Somehow the world considers brand names a blanket description for the word. I have learned asking what type of carbonated beverage will stall the progress of satiation of thirst. If someone asks for a coke, they will get a coke-cola. Likewise if they as for a Kleenex, I will bypass three boxes of puffs to find the correct brand. In an effort to be inclusive I agree with the term band aid. I could bleed to death asking for an adhesive strip.
I am going to keep this rant short because I want you to enjoy the sunny day, take a walk and absorb some vitamin D. Oops I did it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment