When at night I go to sleep,Fourteen angels watch do keep. Two my head are guarding: (Two are standing near my head) Two my feet are guiding: (At my feet two lightly tread) Two are on my right hand; Two are on my left hand; Two who warmly cover; (Two who cozy make me) Two who o'er me hover; (Two from sleep awake me) Two to whom 'tis given (2 who guide my steps aright ) To guide my steps to Heaven. (& lead me on to Heaven’s light.)
The tune is the lullaby from Hansel and Gretel.
Perhaps some of you recognize the lyrics to the lullaby above. Mrs. Peckham the director of the Junior Choir at Stratford UMC (NJ), made us sing this song, to the delight of our parents and blue head ladies. My remembered lyrics are in parenthesis. I am sure we sounded angelic and fooled the masses. What I have discovered lately is that the songs of our childhood can comfort us as we age.
Last night started off as a just plan horrible night. At 3 PM I was told by my doctor to go to the ED to make sure nothing else broke when I fell on Sunday. Final answer no fracture on left hip or shoulder. Soreness is another subject.
John and I got home shortly after 8PM. We ate and then attempted to sleep. I could not sleep, despite prescription measures. Finally after an hour I was able to doze after I sang this song to twice to myself.
Today’s lesson for me was to remember the Saints whom have gone on before us. They have left their impression on our heart.
Today’s Goal: What quality endowment will I leave behind?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment