Monday, June 14, 2010

Then and Now

Today was my last day of pulmonary rehabilitation. I want to find a place just as perfect as Trinity’s Cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation area. Thank you ladies and physicians, I now have my life back. When I walked in for my first session, I was very apprehensive. This stuff looked like the same equipment we used for open heart and post myocardial infarction patients. Since neither diagnosis was applicable I wondered, what was here for me? It did not take me too long to find out. After a few weeks I was called the pace car. (Long legs can walk very fast on the tread mill).
Bottom line I improved my 6 minute walk by over 200%. For all of you doubters, it is documented.
A year ago I was not worth a flip. I was told to quit work and live or keep working a well you know the other option. In my head I wanted to quit work and be able to attend Commissioning. My heart was giving me a different message. There are times when I heed the passion of the heart more then the discernment of the brain. It was when John, bless his heart, looked at me in the eyes and told me I would not make it to Commissioning if I kept working. That is when I understood. Yes, I was the child who had to look mom in the eyes to understand the message. Thank you, all who visited me, sent me cards of encouragement and kept me on the prayer list at HUMC. I cannot forget those who cooked meals and made phone calls. You have been a blessing.
I am very much alive today and not 6 ft. under in a big brown box. Commissioning was a blast. Watch out world I am back to being a 26 years old for ever! Basketball anyone? Again thank you to all of you who supported me in this huge literally life decision. There has to be a bunch of stars for your crowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment