Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My thoughts a little later


BACK UP PLANS.

Back up plans according to me are alternative paths to take when the original arrangement fizzles.
Fizzle is a nice way of saying shot to Hades. Oh I know you wanted to see me write another word, but I may be saving that for more urgent matters.
A good back up plan can get anyone out of a quandary. You have seen it on Television in the movies and on stage. Perhaps I should call it “THE WHITE HAT MOMENT”. You know what I am talking about the hero rides out on the white horse wearing a white hat and everything is better. (Word check did not like saves the day.) Birds sing, ribbons fall from the sky and the sunset is gorgeous. Yes I know that Prince Charming did not wear a white hat, but he had a white horse and sometimes wore a white jacket. So he counts.

There are times in our life that we need someone to ride in and fix the situation. As we grow older our parents cannot pick us up and kiss what we hurt and proclaim to the world “all better!”
What these times of trial really boil down to are blooming experiences. After all is settled down we usually find out that we have grown by getting through the challenge. Over the years I have found that time, meditation and prayer work wonders. These trials are not easy. Take a few friends with you to help out along the way. They just might have a white hat available.

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch the old A&E biographies. everyone famous had many failures before they hit the right note. I was watching J.K Rowling (author of Harry Potter series)on Oprah the other day and she said she was turned down by 12 publishers till the 13th one decided to publish her story. She is now the only billionaire author in the world. Like you I have learned to get through the trials and yes a friend's help is a wonderful thing. Thanks for your kind comment. Have a great week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete