
Today I was able to go to therapy and walk an extra minute. This is phenomenal news for someone who was barely able to climb stairs a little while back.
Sure I need 3 or more naps after therapy, but who wouldn’t?
I resist the temptation to recline and sit outside and load up on natural vitamin D and wonder of wonders the sweet air of spring reading on the back porch. It stays cool until around 2 PM and then well it is darn hot. Hot is not good for my breathing. So I escape into hermit-hood for the rest of the daylight hours.
Birmingham has been compared to a fish bowl. I am still looking for the other side of the fish bowl where breathing bliss resides. Luckily right now the air levels are great and I can go outside. What I cannot control is the geographical or is it topography of the area. When the air does not circulate it is bad news for breathing. So if anyone out there knows where the end of the fish bowl lies, please let me know.
In today’s email I found an update for an ablation procedure that sounds promising. I am not sure my asthma, though brittle, would meet the pre-requisites for the therapy. I look forward to learning more about this therapy and would love to know how the 300 case study patients are doing a few years from now.
I am also very thankful that my pulmonologist keeps up with the latest trends. If there were a need for me to go to a larger center I would be there. Thank goodness I do not have pulmonary fibrosis or other diseases that are death sentences and require lung transplants. My problem is simply the fish bowl effect and the undesirable outcome will go away when we are able to get to the other side of the bowl. How do you nicely tell someone that it is the environment and not much of anything else that triggers attacks? Reactive airway disease is just that REACTIVE.
New things tend to pop up and trigger an attack, so who knows what will set me off. Today someone was smoking in their car behind me and I could sell the smoke. No one was in front of me this was behind me. I have an acute sense of smell that is sometimes a pain in the butt, for example.
I have been known to smell out a pizza on the first floor of Hunter while living on the 2nd floor of Eisenor. Yes the buildings were connected, but it did happen. There are numerous other “smelling” adventures but these shall be revealed in due time.
Keep watching for more smelly details. Air is free and this nose knows how to track down all types of yummy foods. So keep an eye out. I may be snooping around for some goodies.
I almost forgot Happy Birthday Daddy!
ReplyDelete