Friday, March 5, 2010

B-I-N-G-O...AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME


B-I-N-G-O!

I have been exposed to BINGO my entire life. Friday night was BINGO night at a nearby Roman Catholic Church.
Somehow between then and now the definition of BINGO changed. This is not a soapbox against gambling. It is a stand against untruth and misinformation. I have before and after pictures from when I lived in ATLANTIC CITY. The astute reader will understand.

OK people of ALABAMA please show me an electronic BINGO machine that has rows and columns of numbers below the letters. That is my legal definition of BINGO.
IF the machine does not resemble the bingo card then it is nothing other then a slot machine sans the one armed bandit.

Get a grip people. Growing up with the there is no such thing as a free lunch mentality; I just do not get the casino scene. Those who love to gamble need to follow the money trail. Who is really getting rich from the casinos? I really do not remember reading a headline where anyone has won a windfall legally. The proponents have requested another vote on the issue of gaming. I may not be the sharpest knife in the crayon box, but I do remember at least two votes in the past.
MILT, what part of no do you not understand? Alabama has made their choice, twice.

I have researched the bingo card issue and not once do I see bars, cherries and lemons. Go ahead and Google slot machines and ta dah! There they are.

Cruise ships and resorts have real slots. Feel free to spend your DISPOSIBLE income as you please.

Schools need additional monies so write a check and take the deduction. No one gets hurt. Gaming is a choice not a way of life.

Off the not soapbox.




No comments:

Post a Comment