
LIMBO!
Limbo, the dance (game?) was great when I was a kid, but now anything less than 5 feet will land me on my backside.
Today I received another rejection from Alabama unemployment. It seems I should have begged for my job. I asked nicely for the sick leave to be extended and was told there was nothing I could do about the situation. “Did I want to quit?” asked the talking head of HR.
NO!
So now I have resorted to wondering if I should persist. Limbo
Mom can’t hear when I call her on the phone when I call the rehab center. I called the nurse’s station to enlighten them of the situation. That was a “gimme”, no limbo.
The cats hate the foot we bought at Sam’s. Mix in some other stuff or wait and they will eat. Mini limbo, not earth shattering.
Sunday Beth was home and visited the new Sunday school class for collage students and young couples. Appropriately the class is named LIMBO.
Beth was excited to see everyone. It was a mini youth fellowship revival/reunion. It was nice to see them sitting together in church. Kevin, you are doing a great job. Okay so I am a fan of the family. I hope to get a larger portion of ice cream at the annual garage sale, barbeque, carwash, bake sale and ice cream gala. Did I leave anything out?
What excited Beth was the desire of the young adults to give back to the community. This is phenomenal!
When I was their age I was partying (by my conservative description) after hours at Doc Watson’s near Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson Hospital supplied all the residents to Methodist Hospital. While I was a student I abstained from such frolicking. But after graduation at the age of 21 I was ready to hang out. The worse thing I did was taking the pediatrics narcotic keys with me. I had worked a double shift, I forgot I had them. Fearfully I turned them at 2 AM. I came in to work early the next morning fearing the worse, LIMBO. Nothing happened, peds was empty.
Life presents many opportunities to make decisions. It is a part of maturing. As one who occasionally, cough cough, shoots from the hip, I would advise making informed choices. It may not be PC, but it is uniquely yours. Take the opportunity to prayerfully consider the options.
Limbo, the dance (game?) was great when I was a kid, but now anything less than 5 feet will land me on my backside.
Today I received another rejection from Alabama unemployment. It seems I should have begged for my job. I asked nicely for the sick leave to be extended and was told there was nothing I could do about the situation. “Did I want to quit?” asked the talking head of HR.
NO!
So now I have resorted to wondering if I should persist. Limbo
Mom can’t hear when I call her on the phone when I call the rehab center. I called the nurse’s station to enlighten them of the situation. That was a “gimme”, no limbo.
The cats hate the foot we bought at Sam’s. Mix in some other stuff or wait and they will eat. Mini limbo, not earth shattering.
Sunday Beth was home and visited the new Sunday school class for collage students and young couples. Appropriately the class is named LIMBO.
Beth was excited to see everyone. It was a mini youth fellowship revival/reunion. It was nice to see them sitting together in church. Kevin, you are doing a great job. Okay so I am a fan of the family. I hope to get a larger portion of ice cream at the annual garage sale, barbeque, carwash, bake sale and ice cream gala. Did I leave anything out?
What excited Beth was the desire of the young adults to give back to the community. This is phenomenal!
When I was their age I was partying (by my conservative description) after hours at Doc Watson’s near Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson Hospital supplied all the residents to Methodist Hospital. While I was a student I abstained from such frolicking. But after graduation at the age of 21 I was ready to hang out. The worse thing I did was taking the pediatrics narcotic keys with me. I had worked a double shift, I forgot I had them. Fearfully I turned them at 2 AM. I came in to work early the next morning fearing the worse, LIMBO. Nothing happened, peds was empty.
Life presents many opportunities to make decisions. It is a part of maturing. As one who occasionally, cough cough, shoots from the hip, I would advise making informed choices. It may not be PC, but it is uniquely yours. Take the opportunity to prayerfully consider the options.
No comments:
Post a Comment