Monday, March 29, 2010

Triggers Not supposed to be a tale of self pitty.




I wish I were blogging about Tiggers, “because Tiggers are a wonderful thing.”

Friday afternoon was coming home from an errand and got behind a pickup truck transporting a can of gasoline. The smell was pretty strong so I turned off the air exchange. After a while the truck turned off and I re-opened the vent.

An hour later I was baking and discovered I was not breathing well. So I called the pulmonologists’ office and went to get a steroid shot. In the doctors office I read the latest poster and darn if gasoline was listed as an irritant. WHO KNEW?

The following 12 hours were tedious. Breathing treatments were every 2 -3 hours alternating medication. About 1 AM., I had another asthma attack and started the regimen again and called the on call physician Saturday morning. Well that started the 60 mg, 60 mg. 40 mg. call first thing Monday morning routine. This sounds like a self pity story, but I am attempting to prove to the world that bad air happens.

I am waiting to hear from the physician’s office and I hope it will be verbal instructions. I do not feel like a class trip today.
Stay tuned for more adventures of the girl who needs a bubble.

Happy Monday, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment